Regent Entertainment Pty Limited ACN 085 956 216 and its related entities are committed to preserving your privacy, and this Privacy Statement reflects our firm commitment to you. It sets out our policies in relation to the way we collect and handle personal information. We encourage you to check our privacy statement regularly as this Privacy Statement may change from time to time.
1. How & why we collect information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways. For example, we may collect personal information from you by one of the following means:
- competition entry forms;
- membership and subscription forms;
- email or SMS;
- when you visit our website;
- online transactions;
- when you join our loyalty program;
- credit card details via credit card purchases; and
- information collected from third parties.
Information provided by you
You provide most of the personal information directly to us and for a specific purpose.
For example, we collect personal contact information (such as your name, address, email address and phone number) when you participate in contests, competitions or register onto our website.
We may also collect personal information when you visit certain parts of our website and provide content, feedback or suggestions. You may also participate in interactive online activities such as games, chat or bulletin boards or by voting in polls. If you register onto our website, we may also collect information on your use of the site so that we can make our website as interesting as possible for you.
When you join our loyalty program, you will be asked to provide information relating to your movie going habits. Each time you use your loyalty program card, information will be collected about the movies that you see. This will help assist us to learn more about the type of movies that you like.
We may also give you the opportunity to be contacted by email or SMS so that we can offer you discount and promotional opportunities.
We collect financial information (such as credit card information) from you in order to receive payment from you for products and services which you order.
From time to time, we conduct competitions and give you the choice of receiving further contact from us. Unless you make the choice for us to contact you further, the personal information which we collect from your entry into the competition will not be used for any purpose other than for the competition.
Information provided by “cookies” technology
When you visit our web site, “cookies” technology allows us to identify your movements around our site. This information provides us with constructive feedback about our site so that we can identify the most effective areas and improve the less popular ones.
Cookies alone cannot determine the identity of individual users. It is a feature of your Internet browser which you can disable at any time.
A ‘cookie’ is a small data file that resides on your computer’s hard drive. Some web sites write to this file when you visit them.
A cookie file can contain information such as your user ID in order to track the pages you have visited. A cookie cannot access other information from your hard drive, or from cookies created by other web sites. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself.
We do not collect any information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or membership, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade association or union membership, sexual preferences or criminal record, unless:
- you have given us specific consent to do so, or
- where we are required by law to do so, or
- it is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of a person, or
- it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
2. How we use the information we collect
We use personal information primarily for the purpose for which it was collected. Because most of our information is collected from you directly, you will normally be aware of the purpose of the collection. For example, information may be collected from you so that we can fulfil prizes, offer discounts and process online transactions.
In relation to our loyalty program, information we collect may be used to invite loyalty program members to special screenings and events as well as to make special ticket and promotional offers.
Use of the information for a secondary purpose
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented,
- where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way, or
- where we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
For example, we may use your contact details for editorial and feedback purposes or to inform you of our products and services. We may also collect personal information so that we can provide information which is of interest to you. You are always given the opportunity to notify us that you do not wish to receive this material.
Disclosure of the information we collect
We treat personal information which we collect from you in the same way that we treat our other confidential information. We will not sell to anyone, the information which we collect about you.
We will not disclose to a third party, the information which we collect about you, except where it is necessary to conduct our business, and then only if the third party:
- first enters into appropriate confidentiality undertakings with us, or
3. How we protect our information collection
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of all personal information we collect. This involves protecting it from misuse and loss, as well as from modification and disclosure.
The inherent nature of the Internet means that the security of any transmission of information to us using the Internet cannot be guaranteed.
The electronic databases that hold information as well as our internal systems are designed to restrict access to only those people who require specific information.
In addition, your personal information is only kept while it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or for a permitted secondary purpose. Reading regularly deletes and de-identifies personal information if we no longer need the information.
4. Your ability to to access and correct information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, you are welcome to contact us and we will respond to your request within 45 days. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Right to refuse access or correction
We reserve our right to refuse your request for access or correction if, for example, we consider your request to be frivolous or vexatious, or if we are legally entitled to do so.
If we refuse your request, we will give you our reasons. If we refuse your request to correct information we hold about you, we will give you the opportunity to post a statement of your claim where we hold your personal information.
5. Links to other websites
Our web site contains links to other sites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of other web sites and their operators.
6. Updating our privacy statement
As Regent Entertainment grows and changes, we may revise our privacy statement. We will keep you updated on these changes by posting new versions of our policy on our web site.
By providing your personal information to us or by using our web site, you are indicating your acceptance of our current policy.
7. Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, please contact our privacy officer at [email protected] or by mail to;
Regent Entertainment Pty Limited
PO BOX 277
Ballarat, Victoria 3353.
- APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WEBSITE USAGE
- You agree that in using this Website, you will not:
- use parts of this Website reserved for registered members unless you are registered as a member;
- interfere with the usage of this Website by others;
- use this Website in an illegal manner;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any document or information to this Website that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or vilifying;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any document or information to this Website that infringes any Intellectual Property Rights of any person;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any computer or website programming code;
- attempt to circumvent any security features of this Website;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- interfere with or disrupt this Website, the server hosting this Website, or servers or networks connected to the server hosting this Website.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You acknowledge and agree that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in this Website and in all information and materials on this Website (“Website Content”) are owned by Regent Cinemas, its affiliates, suppliers or licensors unless expressly indicated. The Website Content is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws.
- You agree that you will not do any of the following without Regent Cinemas’s written permission:
- use Regent Cinemas’s trademarks, except for printing out a copy of this Website or as part of a reference to a Regent Cinemas product or service;
- reproduce, copy, modify, merge, adapt, translate, re publish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit, broadcast, communicate to the public or otherwise make the Website Content available to the public;
- transmit or display the Website Content on any computer, system or network which permits electronic access by more than one user at a time;
- anything else which would infringe Regent Cinemas’s rights or the rights of Regent Cinemas’s content suppliers.
- You may view this Website using a web “browser” so long as you don’t change the form of copyright and other proprietary notices. If you are interested in a piece of content for your personal, non commercial use, you may save a single copy, print one or download one.
- You may be asked to provide Personal Information to Regent Cinemas before purchasing any movie ticket, goods or services from this Website, before entering any competition on the Website or before registering as a member of this Website. If you do not provide that Personal Information to Regent Cinemas, Regent Cinemas may not be able to sell you movie tickets, goods or services, enter you into that competition or register you as a member.
- You acknowledge that if you do not register as a member of this Website, parts of this Website designed for registered members may not be accessible to you.
- You agree to keep all membership and registration information secret and accept responsibility for all actions performed by any person accessing this Website using your member account.
- Regent Cinemas may use techniques designed to identify fraudulent activities on the Website, such as fraudulent credit card use. If any unauthorised use of your credit card occurs as a result of your credit card purchase on the Website, you should notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
- You agree that Regent Cinemas may cancel your registration as a member and/or refuse you access to this Website at any time in its sole discretion.
- SUBMITTED DATA AND COMMENTS
- For any information or material provided by you for entry into any competition hosted on this Website, or any comment made by you in respect to any information on this Website, you agree to grant us irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, sublicense, redistribute, adapt, transmit, publish, broadcast and display that information or material and create derivative works from it.
- MOVIE TICKET PURCHASES
- Movie tickets purchased via this Website are non-refundable and are not available for exchange, unless required by law.
- A booking fee per ticket will apply to all tickets purchased via this Website.
- Where allocated seating applies to a session you have the choice of choosing your own seat on the Website. Otherwise seat allocation for movie tickets purchased via this Website is on a “best available” basis and is carried out by a prescribed computer program.
- You agree that Regent Cinemas may at its discretion, refuse to sell movie tickets to you or withdraw any movie tickets from sale via this Website.
- PURCHASES AND GST
- Prices on this Website include GST where applicable.
- COMPETITION ENTRY
- By entering any promotion or competition you are bound by and agree to comply with the competition terms and conditions of that competition.
- MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS AND THIS WEBSITE
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND ADVERTISING
- Regent Cinemas provides hyperlinks to third party sites (“Linked Sites”) for convenience only, and the inclusion of the hyperlink does not imply any endorsement of the Linked Site by Regent Cinemas or its affiliates. In addition, the inclusion of third party advertising on this Website (whether with or without hyperlinks) is not an endorsement or recommendation of the third party advertiser by Regent Cinemas or its affiliates.
- You acknowledge and agree that Linked Sites are not under the control of Regent Cinemas and that Regent Cinemas is not liable or responsible for:
- any act, omission or negligence of any person who administers or owns any Linked Site;
- the copyright compliance, legality or decency of any Linked Site;
- the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by any Linked Site;
- any goods or services provided by any person who administers or owns any Linked Site; or
- the performance of any obligations owing to by any person who administers or owns any Linked Site.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- You acknowledge and agree that apart from where required by law, this Website and all Website Content are provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
- You acknowledge that, apart from where stated to the contrary on this Website, Regent Cinemas has not made any representations or given any warranties:
- as to the functionality or content of this Website;
- as to the accuracy or completeness of any Website Content;
- that access to this Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Website or the server which stores and transmits the Website Content to you are free from viruses;
- that any links contained on this Website will provide you with any useful information; or
- that movie tickets to any particular cinema, movie or session will be available for sale to you.
- Except as provided by law, neither Regent Cinemas nor its affiliates nor the employees, officers and agents of Regent Cinemas or its affiliates will be under any liability to you, in contract, tort or otherwise, in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, economic loss or loss of information) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of:
- your use of this Website;
- the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Website Content or information contained in that Website Content;
- your use of any websites that this Website links to;
- IMPLIED TERMS
- If the breach relates to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of such goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- If the breach relates to services:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- GOVERNING LAW
- You irrevocably submit to and accept the exclusive jurisdiction of any of the Courts of the State of Victoria or the Commonwealth of Australia and any courts of appeal from these courts.